Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ROAMING PROFILES

Status
Not open for further replies.

j0rdan

MIS
May 11, 2004
CA
wonder if anyone can help me find the root of this problem I am having, current network infrastructure is Windows 2003 standard edition with 3 XP PRO workstations. One of them has SP1 installed, I created the roaming profile on the server for a test account, went to the workstation that had SP1 installed, the roaming profile worked great, I then updated the second workstation to SP1 and attempted to connect to the DC with the exact test user account, and it gave me the logon error "can not connect to the domain controller <DOMAIN CONTROLLER> ...etc". Any reason why this is happening with the test account working on one computer and not on the other?

Please note, previously created accounts work on all 3 computers, its just when i create a new roaming account and attemt to try it on the other 2 workstations.

Regards,

Hi Jordon,

have you check to make sure that the workstation is on the domain. you might want to try to ping the server and do a nslookup on the server and the workstation to make sure that the DNS is setup correctly.

Thanks,
LoJACK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back