Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Roaming Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyheywood

IS-IT--Management
Apr 20, 2001
GB
Hi,

I have just taken over the management of a Windows 2000 based network which uses roaming profiles.

My question is (i hope) quite simple to answer, and the question is... As the profiles are located on the server do they then use the server locale settings for such things as keyboard mappings?

For example if my server was set with the location and keyboard settings of US would this then be reflected when it came to users logging on and getting the incorrect keyboard mappings even when they have been specified locally as UK?

Hope this question makes sense!

Kind regards and thanks in advance.

Toby Heywood

NO!! The profiles are kept on the server but all the settings are saved from the machine in which the profile was last saved from. SO if you log into the domain from a machine in the UK and have all your UK settings set up them those settings will follow the profile.

If your setting are reverting, it could be a Group Policy issue. The could be a group policy which is reverting those settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back