Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Roaming Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

danvant

IS-IT--Management
Jun 3, 2003
GB
Hi Guys, Just a query more than a problem, I am in the process of setting users up with roaming profiles, rather than local profiles. it is all working fine... I have an issue with the profile sizes as they vary wildely from a couple of meg to 100 meg. i have checked through to see if I can see why they are so large but cant see anything obvious. Nothing is stored in the My Docs...

any ideas greatly appreciated

Dan

What about on the desktop. Every Icon added takes up a small amount of space, but if users are saving files there, or have personal wallpapers as there background (family pictures etc), that can really crank up the profile size

thanks for the comment, i have checked this, take my profile for example, a brand new profile, a few extra shortcuts on the desktop but nothing else and the profile is already 40mb !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back