Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Roaming Profiles -> Very Confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

1DMF

Programmer
Jan 18, 2005
GB
I have a new vista machine, but the user isn't getting their roaming profile saved to the server.

Why did vista trash the old XP profile share as it is now blank, and now I have manually moved the users desktop files and my docs, they won't save back to the profile folder?

I thought it would create a folder with the username and then .V2 , it did for my test machine, why hasn't it worked this time?

Also how is this person meant to hotdesk with their roaming profile if XP & Vista profiles aren't compatible, seings as we have 8 XP machines and only 1 Vista?

Cheers,

1DMF.

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!

Another mystery solved.

This users account has had the profile path removed. I was on holiday last week.

So i know it wasn't me!

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back