Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Roaming Profiles and Mobile Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

roblay22

IS-IT--Management
Aug 11, 2004
GB
Hi All, We have a small domain of about 30 users. The majority are based in the office all the time but use different machines so we have roaming profiles implemented so the users can always get their profile. I know that when you log off with a roaming profile it updates any changes that you have made to the server so long as your still connected. I have a problem as we have a small number of mobile users who use laptops, we want them to have roaming profiles (in effect) so that their data/profile is included in all the server backups etc. However if they log off their profile whilst not connected to the network then it does not save their changes as far as I'm aware. What would be the best way of keeping profiles etc synchronised, is roaming profiles the answer??

My understanding is that the next time they logon to the network any changes they made to their profile while not on the network will be written to the server.

Televison will make radio obsolete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back