Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Roaming Profiles & AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndouglass

MIS
Aug 2, 2001
GB
Hope someone can help me here....

Migrating users gradually from an NT4 Domain to an AD Domain, users are getting new account name format. I've granted rights to their existing roaming profile folder to the new AD account including ownership.
Upon logging on with the new AD account it loads the profile without any problems, before I had trouble loading because new AD account did not have ownership.

What is happening now is athat any applications such as Internet Explorer & SAP will not work upon launching, the IE settings have disappeared. These settings should be picked up by a system policy set on the domain, if I make the user local admin they will launch and work fine.

Anybody had that problem or know what's causing this ?

I've got 3000 users to migrate over the next year and at present I'm having to visit each person and use the profile manager "Copy to" tool

Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back