Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Roaming Profile with Limited Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

funky29280

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2008
Hi all,
Thakns to all of you for your previous sugessions.
I am having a Windows Domain Enviroment at my workplace:-
D.C.(1) - Win 2003 Server Enterprise Edition
File Server (1)- Win 2003 Server Standard Edition
Clients (50):- Windows XP Prof. with SP 2
I want to create roaming profile for all the 50 users so that hey can login to any system and can get their file right on that pc. I want to apply some restrictions so that all the users can use max 100 MB disk space only.
Is there any way to do so, if Yes please guide me how to do the same.
I have successfully implimented the roaming profile but only want to restrict them for a limited disk storage.

Regards,
Sid

How about enabling Disk Quotas then?

SimonD.

The real world is not about exam scores, it's about ability.

disk quotas will simply cause issues when trying to save things.
the only way to truly do this is via mandatory profiles, which in and of themselves can cause problems due to inability to save files and such to, for example, the desktop.

Outside of that, a typical profile is usually much larger than 100MB, whether a mandatory or not, just from regular usage. You'll be hard pressed (very) to get profiles to adhere to that.

disk quotas will limit the amount of disk space they can use, but that is something done for file servers, not for profiles.

-Brandon Wilson
MCSE:Security00/03
MCSA:Messaging00
MCSA:Security03
A+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back