Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Roaming Profile Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 15, 2002
US
We are trying to go to a roaming profiles, the problem is that we give our users power user rights, however this causing them not to copy their profiles over. Anybody know of the security key or regedit that would overwrite this?

Thanks in advance

The only difference between a roaming and a local profile is basically storage location, the way I sii. If you set all your profiles up locally, but set the save destination as a publicly access server, you should be able to log on from any computer on the Network and your profile should load up like it was local. If not, use this to fix it:

Leo Barnett

Having admin rights my profile copies right away, however all of our users are power users and even though the profile folder is created, there is nothing copied until I make them local admins. There has to be a way to allow them to write to the network folder, which happens to already be their personal folder anyway.

Also we are useing AD to do this and are creating it on a mapped network drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back