Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Roaming Profile Question (WHAT FOLDERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VLADY218

Technical User
Feb 7, 2003
US
When using a roaming profile what folders does it copy over to the server. It doesnt copy the temp or cookies folder, DOES IT?

THANKS

All profiles start out as a copy of the Default User profile that is installed on every computer running Windows 2000.Registry data for Default User is in the Ntuser.dat file contained in the Default User profile. Inside each profile are the following folders:

Application Data Program-specific settings determined by the program manufacturer plus specific user security settings

Cookies Messages sent to a Web browser by a Web server and stored locally to track user information and preferences (not in Windows NT 4)

Desktop Desktop files, folders, shortcuts, and the desktop appearance

Favorites Shortcuts to favorite locations, particularly Web sites

Local Settings Application data, History, and Temporary files (not in Windows NT 4)

My Documents User documents and My Pictures, which contains user graphics files (not in Windows NT 4)

NetHood Shortcuts to My Network Places

PrintHood Shortcuts to items in the Printers folder

Recent Shortcuts to the most recently accessed folders and files

SendTo Items on the Send To menu

Start Menu Items on the user's Start menu

Templates Application templates

By default, only the Cookies, Desktop, Favorites, My Documents, and Start Menu folders are visible in Microsoft Windows Explorer. The other folders are hidden; to see them select Folder Options, click the View tab, and select Show Hidden Files And Folders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back