Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Roaming Profile Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marshalllaw

Technical User
Jan 21, 2003
US
Hello all,

I am having some serious issues when it comes to roaming profiles. I have in ecxess of 50 users working with roaming profiles that in most cases will not work. Here's what I have tried so far:

-Reset permissions on all folders to include admin group and the user
-Had the user take ownership of all of their profile files and folders
-Verified that they are set to Roam, both on the local machine and in Active Directory
-Tried removing old profile, reseting and pushing a new profile from the local machine to the network

None of these solutions has worked, at least for more than 24 hours. I have had a couple of instances where it will work for a few hours and appears to be ok, but the user will report that there are problems later.

My most recent attempt to fix them included all the steps above, and now I can't even get the users profile to re-populate on the network.

Any help on this would be fantastic!

Thanks,

John

I should mention that the local machine is running Windows 2K with service packs and the server is Windows 2000 Server.

Thanks,

John

Hi;

If you want to make the users profile roaming so you have to make it in Active directory users and computer. Right click on the user and go to properties in properties go to profile there you have to write,,, \\servername\sharedfolder\useraccount\profile
and click OK the profile it self will be stored on the server and the users will be able to use it any where connected to server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back