Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Roaming profile not saving

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyE45

MIS
Jul 24, 2003
CA
This may be more of a windows issue but we're having an odd problem with one user's profile. It's never saved back to its designated folder so he loses his settings everytime he logs out. We have hundreds of other users set up the same way and have no other problems. We have compared his AD user account settings to other working accounts and there's no difference. We know it's not an issue with directory permissions. When we check his profile while has a published app open we can see the status shows as "temporary" which is curious. Any which way, the profile never saves and we don't know why.

Any help would be appreciated.

Andye45,
I would do a couple of things
1. Make sure that the UNC path is correct. (i've seen where someone has fat fingered a UNC path and the share is not valid.)
2. I would use the \\servername\%username% entry in the profile path to make sure you aren't typing in the wrong user name.
3. Designate a single Citrix/TS server so that user can log in. Go out there and remove all of the cached roaming profiles to make sure there aren't any of his/her "temp" profiles in the server. Go make sure by browsing to the "documents and settings" folder.
4. Make sure you have the UPHClean app on that server so it closes out the roaming profile properly.
5. Make sure that the roaming profile share doesn't have his/her profile in that share. If so...just delete it. Take ownership of it and then blow it away.

Other than that...I would recreate the user account in A/D.

Hope that helps.

enigma,

We've tried steps 1 to 5. I was hoping I could avoid recreating his account but I may have to now.

Thanks.

It sounds like a corrupt user account.
Sorry bout that m8.

Just blow it away and say you had to "optimize" the account.....lol

=)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back