Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Roaming profile corrupted!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joflizn

IS-IT--Management
May 30, 2002
Hi,
I've deployed win2000 server and my win2000 pro with RIS installation but when i logout using roaming profiles, i always have this message: DETAIL - Not enough memory - Unable to copy the file 'c:\documents and settings\%username%\filename.ext' to '\\server_name\profiles\%username%\.
Even if i create a new one after deleting all users, the problem still remains.
How can I fix this problem?

Hi,

Sorry I not quite clear with what you are saying, do you have problems creating the roaming profile, or do you have problem with a roaming profile you have already created.

If you are having problems creating a profile how are you doing it???

If you are having problems with a profile you have created what are the PC specs you are running it on and have you had this profile working before?? James Mannion
IT Officer
mannion@whitecross.hereford.sch.uk

I create a user and set the roaming profile path with "\\server_name\profiles$\%username%". When i logon there's no problem and the folder %username% is created. But when I logout the warning message appears.
I'm using PIII's PC ,128Mo RAM and 20Go HD with software like Office 2k and Business Objects.
With non-RIS installation, this profile works. Where's the trick?

Check to see wheather the profile has write permissions to where you keep the profile. i.e. \\server_name\D$\profiles\username check the user folder write properties.

Otherwise have you changed the ntuser.dat to ntuser.man?? James Mannion
IT Officer

Sorry didn't quite finish reading before I sent the last post.

RIS shouldn't make a difference, also the PC specs are fine so there goes another Idea I had But, if you do a local install the profile works fine??

RIS shouldn't make a difference, I have done it myself and not come across any problems with profiles but then I have changed my profiles to mandatory profiles.

I'll do a bit of digging!! James Mannion
IT Officer

With mandatory profiles, it works for sure but i need to work with roaming profiles.
For information, it seems that the problem is in the application datas. I will try roaming profile with GPO but i wait for your solution. So let's dig it! ;)

Never worked with roaming profiles, but is Disk Quota enabled? DETAIL - Not enough memory - Unable to copy the file 'c:\documents and settings\%username%\filename.ext' to '\\server_name\profiles\%username%\.

Just a thought. Glen A. Johnson
Microsoft Certified Professional
glen@nellsgiftbox.com
[americanflag]

"Science is built up with facts, as a house is with stones. But a collection
of facts is not more a science than a heap of stones is a home".
Henri Poincare (1854 - 1912) French mathematician

Hi Glenn,
Disk quota is disabled and the file the system can't copy changes everytime an user logout.
Is it impossible to use roaming profiles with RIS installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back