Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Road map for utility programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

btpoy

MIS
Aug 7, 2003
US
Lucky me I have been given the responsibility for Netbackup. On 6.0 mp4 I noticed there are a ton of utilities out there on various folders. Is there a roadmap guide that tells you what each of these utilities does? I have a scribble down when I worked with a Symantec Support person about a utility called nbdb -ping and I cannot find that.

Here are the manuals that contain detailed information on most all of the commands available in NetBackup. In a UNIX environment the $MANPAGE variable can be set to include the manuals for easy online access. You can also simply run the command with a "-help" to display the usage. for instance:
$ bpimagelist -help
USAGE: bpimagelist [-media] [-l|-L|-U|-idonly]
[-d mm/dd/yyyy HH:MM:SS] [-e mm/dd/yyyy HH:MM:SS] [-hoursago hours]
[-keyword "keyword phrase"]
[-client client_name] [-server server_name]
[-backupid backup_id] [-option option_name]
[-policy policy_name] [-pt policy_type]
[-rl retention_level]
[-sl sched_label] [-st sched_type]
[-M master_server...] [-v]

VERITAS NetBackup (tm) 6.0 Commands for UNIX

VERITAS NetBackup (tm) 6.0 Commands for Windows

VERITAS NetBackup (tm) Server and NetBackup Enterprise Server - Commands Man Page Addendum for nbemmcmd, vmpool, and vmquery commands on UNIX and Windows platforms.

Bob Stump
VERITAS
"Ain't it the truth? Ain't it the truth?" Bert Lahr, Wizard of Oz 1939

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back