Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RNPG...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spokes0831

Technical User
Mar 20, 2009
US
I just added a new extension to a phone on key 0 and kept the old extension on Key-1. People are complaining they cant pick up RNPG key 1. All of the phones are in the same pickup group, the only thing that has changed was a new extension. Am I missing something here?
Thanks in advance!

I believe the call pickup only works on the prime key, key 0 in this scenario. Does the key 1 scr xxxx and does it appear anywhere else? Make sure the MARP for Key 1 is on this TN.

Set lpk ( last pick up key )on the set to 1

Meridian, Callpilot, CCM (Symposium) from Germany

The keys are marped corectly and the lpk is also set correctly. AI was fearing secondary keys couldnt be picked up.

Best to double check that all the sets have CLS = PUA DPUA and GPUA and also the RNPG is set to 1. Also check if the digital phones have just RNP against the key or do they have e.g. RNP 02 etc. I've known this to cause a few issues.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

All the setting are correct gpua dpua pua. The only thing that has changed was the insertion of a new extension on Key-0 and moving the old extension to key 1. They are complaining that they cant pick up key 1, being it is their old extension that everybody knows and calls. The higher ups wanted a DID as their primary key, I obliged them, but the end users arent too happy. So eliminating the key is not an option either. And lasstly, I have told the people to get used to the new extension and hand it out to their contacts, but I am quite sure everyone on here who has dealt with end users, knows that this can be extremely trying!

Not sure what the problem is but it might help to post tnbs of a phone that is using call pickup and the phone they are trying to pickup.
But you might want to consider removing the old DN from the phone and making it a phantom that forwards to the new DN.
If you really want to get people to stop using the old number then you could send it to a CallPilot application that tells them thet the number has changed then automatically goes to the new DN. Then after a while, tell them to hang up and call the new number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back