Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RMI slow/no response from server

Status
Not open for further replies.

soldieryap

Programmer
Aug 15, 2000
MY
hi,

when i tested my program (database system) on same computer, i dont have any problems, but while i tested on real network situation, there are some problems arised which i dont know why it happened, so i would like to have some comment from you guys, hope u could help out here, thanks.

1. windows xp (host), windows 2000 (client)
sometimes the action is fast and sometimes the action is slow, what are the possible problems?

2. windows 2000 (host), windows xp (client)
the problems encountered is slow after i click (eg. Save the record), may varies from few seconds and/or more, OR after i click the SAVE button, the client totally has no response, it looked like hang, after i shutdown server immediately, the client got the error of unmarshaling exception, any possible problems??

im really appreciate if any of you could help. thanks

p/s: sorry for my poor English.

RMI is slow... No way arround that. The best way tospeed it up is to have a server client model where only changes are sent, last I read RMI sends the whole object everytime there is a change. Granted that it's slightly harder to code, but the speed increase is worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back