Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RMI server & db communication issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcowen

Programmer
Oct 21, 2001
GB
I have developed a RMI application. The server application communicates with an Oracle database successfully in all contexts bar one. I have the client reading a spreadsheet file and passing the contents (in Vector form) as parameters to a server operation. Within the server operation I then use the JDBC PreparedStatement interface to insert the data into the db. The vectors have the correct contents, no SQLException is thrown and the program proceeds through the loop. When I check the database however no data has been inserted! Its very strange and I wondered if anyone had any experience of this problem?

I have run the same code from a test bed straight to the db and it works. I cant see how the db would differentiate between where the insert command is called from.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Regards
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back