Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RMD INACCESSIBLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitnorpbx

Technical User
Mar 7, 2008
US
.stat
Just upgraded system and cmdu switch cores and swapped compact flash cards and get this message has anyone else had this problem or know of a fix
FMD
VENDOR: STI Flash 8.0.0
/p CAPACITY 318767104 Bytes
FREE SPACE 219156480 Bytes
/d CAPACITY 318767104 Bytes
FREE SPACE 317321216 Bytes
/e CAPACITY 318767104 Bytes
FREE SPACE 312971264 Bytes

RMD INACCESSIBLE

Well we had a Nortel branded compact flash go bad and I was able to attach it to my PC (via card reader) and issue a checkdsk /f thru Dos that repaired the compact flash - but we are not going to use it in our system again :D

I am suspecting Nortel had a batch of bad flash cards - maybe they went thru x-ray ;D

Anyway, most SanDisk work just as well - it is recommended to use 512Meg but I have seen 2Gig work just fine :)

The SANDISK's seem to work best. I have been using 64, 512 and 2gigs disks. I have also used the PNY 64 at times, and none seem to have any issues.

Stay away from the EDGE CF's...at least in my case I have no luck with them.

I repair a compactflash whit a comamd in PDT

1- Put the compactflash in external slot
2- Login in PDT
3- PDT> formatCf2 0 make a format o PDT> formatCf2 1 make a format and files bootable

Regards

While I have been howled down before on this, I would NOT recommend the 2Gb flash card. Caused immense odd problems in my Rel 4.5 system

Apparantly we had two bad brand new CPUs. We power cycle the switch and afterwards neither CPU would power up. Advanced replaced CPUs and the flash cards we had installed in the old CPUs would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back