Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RMD INACCESSIBLE 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferngap

Vendor
Mar 18, 2008
US
thread798-1480559

Has anyone found a resolution for the CS1000E CPPM Rls 5.5 not backing up to the RMD? I see others have posted the question, but I have not seen an answer.

I had the same problem on a CPPM release 5.5 system in December and I think the problem with the RMD not backing up started just after I had installed the latest core patches, but can't be certain as it was a new installation and we had more problems that took priorty at that time.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

remove the rmd and then install it on your laptop and delete all files.....then reinstall into cs1000 and run backup again....had this issue several times...DO NOT format card in your p.c

I have 1 instance of this when the drive could be accessed but i saw the below when EDD

TEMU195
Create directory "/cf2/backup/single/" failed; errno=0x380009.

Fix was to format CF card in PDT.
CD to cf2 then diskInit
=========================================================
I had another instance when the cf2 card was completely inaccessable. I could not even cd /cf2, it would just timeout.

Fix was reseat CPPM CPU.

I put the RMD in my laptop and removed the files. Ran the backup again with the same results. Could not use PDT to format the CF2 since the system will not let CF2 be accessed. CPPM has been replaced.

What error message do you see when you do an edd, you normally see a TEMUxxx error if it fails.

What happens if you try to access the cf from pdt i.e. cd /cf2

create a folder on your now empty Compact Flash card called backup

Directory of '/cf2':

SIZE DATE TIME NAME
---------- ----------- -------- ------------
2048 Jul-24-2008 11:09:42 backup <DIR>

In Rls 5 and above, there is a PDT command to format the RMD:

'formatCf2 0' - format the RMD
'formatCf2 1' - format the RMD and make bootable.

I have used this command in similar situations with great success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back