Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RM- Quickest view of open invoices

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro356

Technical User
Jan 26, 2002
US
What is the quickest way to view what are currently unpaid invoices by customer? I can go to reports-sales-statements and print statements that show a total amount but it looks like the total billed, not the total open. I choose unapplied only but it still shows just the total? AM i missing something here or is there another better way to quickly look up what is open?

Have you tried using Inquiry? Go to Inquiry\Sales\TRX by Customer. Choose only to view Open documents. Click your "Show" button on the right. You can see both original document amount as well as amount remaining.

I can do as you suggest and look up the open list by customer. It lists a lot of invoices but as you say does display in the Amount Remaining column the truly open amount. Is there a way to surpress the long list of all the invoices that are already paid and not open? That's where my problem lies. If I have a client with hundreds of invoices it still displays hundreds of invoices but most show zeros in amount remaining.

In the Inquiry screen be sure you have the checkbox on on Open only. If you still show hundreds of invoices with zero remaining, you need to run the Paid Transaction Removal routine under sales routines. This will move all fully paid invoices to history (be sure you have transaction history checked on in setup or it will completely remove the transactions). This should give you a shorter and more manageable list. Also can filter this list by document date in the Inquiry screen.

You could also use "Smartlist" to look up the invoice transactions. Under Smartlist\receivables transactions. You will need to add the columns "Document Amount" and "Applied Amount" to the default columns.

Thanks for the ideas. Before I totally blow my history I want to be sure. I see the Routine you speak of. Exactly where is the set up where I check transaction history? I went into Sales Routines and saw the Paid Tx REmoval but was afraid to clikc it until I was sure that I would then have the option to check tx history or find out I had to check it elsewhere first.

I did a quick listing in Smart List\Receivables Transactions and added the columns you suggest. Both fields in every transaction are zeros. The Sales Amount and Original Trx Amount have the actual invoice amount in them. Why would the other 2 be all zeros? Whever I apply cash I check off the invoices paid.

You probably want the column called Current Trx Amount. That translates to Amount Remaining on the transaction and inquiry screens.

Document amount and Applied Amounts do not work in Smartlist (there is a problem report for that). You would want to look at Original Trx Amount and Current Trx Amount, enter a restriction where Current Trx Amount <>0 and this will give you a quick list of outstanding receivables. Make sure you also exclude Voids.

We use Inquiry>Sales>Payment Summary. This lists all open amounts in the proper bucket. You can then highlight the bucket and then zoom back to the payment inquiry screen which shows only open invoices

The easiest report to run is the Aged Trial Balance with Options. This will give you an aging of all invoices with a balance remaining and any payments that have been applied.

Go to Reports>Sales>Trial Balance>Aged Trial Balance with Options. Choose to exclude fully paid documents. This will give you the status on that date. Run the Historical Aged Trial Balance & Exclude Fully Paid Documents to get open invoices at a specific point in time. Reports>Sales>Trial Balance>Historical Aged Trial Balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back