Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rls 4.5 and Meridian Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

enrightdj

Technical User
Sep 7, 2003
Will MM 12.14.1 work with 4.5 software?

It may work, I have not tried but it is not supported by Nortel. If you are doing an upgrade to your PBX to 4.5 it will also give you a MM to CP 4.0 upgrade as part of the quote.

I HAVE IT WORKING ON SUCCESSION 3

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

enrightdj..when you upgrade to 4.5 it will not even know what a meridian mail system is and mermail will not come
up and if you have mermail plugged into the pbx the upgrade
might not work.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

Meridian Mail will work with Succession 3.0 and 4.5. I don't care what Nortel tells you.

I have upgraded systems commercially and for the government and they have MerMail running with Succession.

It is just an AML link, not anything special, and most of the connectivity issues have been resolved prior to Succession 3.0.

Now the kicker. It is not SUPPORTED by Nortel. That does not mean it will not work. If you have an issue and call ETAS for support, they will tell you to upgrade your Mail System.

My questions is, why would you spend the upgrade for the PBX and not vmail. With 5.0 coming out there are huge discounts if you order this.

John

post are right.. i ran mermail on 3.0 for a few months prior to cp.. no help from nortel but then you can't get much help from them anyway.. either you get eng's that know less then you do or almost worse, ones that treat you like an idiot and can't speak english. how much good is it to get a decent tech support if you can't understand a word he said..

may come as a surprise but i'm a little picky when it comes to people making major changes in my box..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I agree with john poole's comments on Nortel support these days ... Thanks to out sourcing to India and now soon Mexico and Turkey will have Nortel centers for global support...

Any way as per Nortel product bulletin for Rls 4.5, Meridian Mail Rls 12.12 and 13.14 are supported. Even in Rls 5 bulletin Nortel says same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back