Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RLS 1/ T-1 upgrade to 5.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodguys

Technical User
Apr 9, 2007
US
Is there any issues that i may run into or that i should know when upgrading an MICS Rls.1-T1 to 5.0? There is only 8 sets With a Nam voice mail. So i'm not terribly concerned about saving the programming it shouldnt take long to just reprogram it. Can i go straight frm one to the other? Just power down remove old cartridge and insert new 5.0 and ram?? I will also be upgrading the Nam from 3.0 to 4.1. I have purchased the new 4.1 hard drive.

Upgrade the voicemail first. Be sure to backup the NAM configuration file before upgrading so you can restore all your installed channels.

Cycle power on the MICS, then do a F**STARTUP. At the point when the display reads "Applying template" count to 5, then pull the power. Insert the new software and reapply power. MICS will boot up in default condition.

Brian Cox

Thanx Brian Cox. Is the Nam back up procedure F915 p/w access 2 then insert 3x5 disk until it says complete. then F983 passwords then enter 22 go to back up then insert disks until it says complete? Then upgrade the MICS just as u instructed. Thank you again.

I think I answered your question in the other thread you started. Under F915 you'll backup the config file. A backup under F983 of the R3 hard drive cannot be restored to the R4.1 hard drive.

Brian Cox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back