Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rlogin Using Putty 0.58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2002
US
I'm trying to rlogin to one of our Opt11c systems using Putty.

On the Session screen I type the IP address of the ELAN and select Rlogin as the Protocol.

On the Rlogin screen under the Connection tree, I've typed "CPSID1110" as the Local Username.

After clicking OPEN, I get the following on the screen:
---------------------------------------------------------
ss^@^X^@P^@^@^@^@

PDT: login on /pty/ptty01.S
Password:
---------------------------------------------------------

Any ideas why this is not working?

it is working perfect. you'll need the eng level password to login the pdt. don't ask, no one will give you that password until you pass the test. to use putty you'll need a lantronics type serial server. connect that to a tty port, set the ip address on the server then putty or procomm telnet to it. the elan gets you into a higher level then your used to

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Sometimes I get the same message, but I almost always get right to the CLI mode as an TTY port. Don't know why this happens. Maybe Johnpoole has the answer...

i2007

no that port, pdt is not a command level tty. it was intended for eng types only. that's why i had to put serial servers on a tty port. i wish i could get to command line on the elan. another point is with older rls stuff, the elan better not to rec broadcast traffic, or even traffic sent to other apps.. that used to be a major cause of elan crash, back in sym rls 1 days..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

This is what I get when I use putty with CPCID1110

Code:
^?ss^@^X^@P^@^@^@^@Done!

TTY 10 SCH MTC BUG    2:40
OVL111 IDLE   0
>

i2007

are you telnet to the elan ip address and if so what rls?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I have never been able to get putty to work myself. I use CRT works perfect. John your must use rlogin telet is not supported. The reason you get the PDT password is because the name is not being passed by Putty. Without the CPSID1110 it dumps you to pdt. when you send that name it puts you in to the command line but you must have a pty built.

I am with Dixie... Use CRT with RLogin and you won't have any issues. In addition, ZOC works great too and lets you dial into systems too and run scripts like Procomm.

I also use a term emulator to do rlogin. when it comes up with pdt i hit enter and it ask me for pdt again. Type in the password. when it has excepted it i do a sl1input and it takes me to the login screen of the meridian.

right, the user that started the post does not have access the the pdt level, that was why i sugested he use a serial server.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

To JP, I have putty rls0.56, I use the E-Lan IP address on port 513, and I use this on rls 4.0t down to 25.15. And as earlier I almost never has theese porblems above. But all my PABX's have all the same programming with PTY ports, lname option = yes and multiuser = on, if that could be a scenario of why it's not working.

i2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back