Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rlogin Command to remove Bug/Error Codes on login

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogg1

Technical User
Nov 3, 2008
US
Hi All,

We have an application that logs in to our 1000E's via Rlogin. The issue is that the application doesnt like to see any of the bug or error codes and fails to do its downloads. I could easily remove bug from the tty but I was wondering if there was a way to halt the bug/error codes on login for that particular application. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!! :)

I think username CPSID1000 when you Rlogin should keep those errors from showing - it's the combo of the end digits (1000,1100,1110) that determine what shows...
if I'm remembering correctly! I might be bassackwards...compare to what you are using now...

30n30w

Thanks 30n30w. When I Rlogin and get the PDT prompt I enter the desired login name but not sure if I need a special password....am I missing something?

Thanks!

Usually when you Rlogin, depending on your software package (I'm using SecureCRT); there are Rlogin options. I give it a host name (ip addy) and a username CPSID1110 - once it connects, I get the TTY prompt. If you just Rlogin without a username, it takes you to PDT. So look in your terminal emulator software connect dialog for Rlogin options.
CPSID1000 is probably what you want to use upon connection for your username. The login to the switch comes after this....
30n30w

One last question. I'm able to get in via Rlogin and CPSID1000 and CPSID0000. Do I need to build some kind of table to correlate the 1000 of 0000 to remove the bug,sch, etc? If so where would I go?

I logged in and I created some errors by swapping my cores(on outr Test CS1000E) but I still recieved all the SRPT errors that go along with the CPU swap.

Thanks for all your help!

Firebird Scrambler had posted this on another question....credit goes to him!

You can change the CPSIDxxxx as follows:

CPSID1000 is with MTC on the port
CPSID0100 is with SCH on the port
CPSID0010 is with BUG on the port
CPSID0001 is with TRF on the port

See the sigifigance of the '1'??

You can combine these,
CPSID1110 is with MTC,SCH & BUG, but no traffic
CPSID0011 is BUG and TRF but no MTC or SCH.

I'm not aware of any other settings that might help you on this. Maybe if you describe more of what you are doing and how it works, there might be another way of doing that same thing, in order to get around the issues you are having.
Good Luck!
30n30w

That brings back memories!. Funny thing is that I still use SM Telnet as a Rlogin connection as I still have a Windows 7 32 bit computer to use. I never have to worry about "pdt". If anyone needs any help installing it, then please contact me via the link below.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Since I'm still running old Motorola processors, Rel 4.5 software I've been using WinSCP for remote backups to my laptop - it allows me to back up the 3.5 floppies (I can access the floppy drives directly, I just have to pick the one with the most recent backup on it...) I just locate the correct drive and sync the directory -
if I need to I can then create a new floppy on my laptop, or sync the info back remotely if I can have someone stick a new floppy disk in the drive. It's brilliant!

30n30w

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back