Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdeal4122

Technical User
Dec 19, 2014
US
Is it possible for an area code to use 2 different RLIs???

The reason I ask is because we have a very weird thing going on.

We have 2 different numbers that 2 different people are trying to call in the same area code.
When I have it set to 1, one person is able to call 262-284-xxxx and the other gets dead air when they try 262-650-xxxx.
When I set RLI to 3, 262-650-xxxx works, but 262-284-xxxx gives a fast busy.

This is a very easy decision as to how to set it since one number our CEO is trying to call and one number an engineer is trying to call. I have it set for the CEO’s to work, of course.
The engineer is ok with his number not working, but I'd still like to know. Thanks.

I would start by looking at how you have the NPA define or what you have define for FCI in the RLIs in questions. Sound like a FCI config if changing RLI changes call behavior

I think the best thing to do is to run the tool following the instructions given in the word doc guide.

This will confirm what RLI's are accessing any configured area code. Also do the same for the TNB so that your extension data for different exxtensions can be checked in case you have NCOS or TGAR restrictions applied to one extension, but not another etc.

The excel printout will also show you what outgoing routes are assigned to any RLI in case you have different routes or routes that have a conversion set.

Your problem can be caused by a number of factors.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back