Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RLBs Tgars and targs OH MY 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclebrian78

Vendor
Nov 7, 2006
US
as i have mentioned before i have a 2 customers using on option 11, i am still trying to make heads or tails of this thing. both want to dial 9, one customer will use 20 channels of the t1 and the other will use 4. i havent broke down and used the tenant service yet because i read some post on here basiclly wanting to do the same thing i want to and they ended up using targs tgars esn and rli, i have tried to figure all this out on my own and now i realized, im not that smart lol. if im barking up the wrong tree trying to do it that way please let me know.
i built my new route with just one trunk in it to test.
i also built a new rli for that trunk in ld 86 i believe and i have the targ of the old route matching the tgar of the sets that will be using the new route, but when i hit 9 on the telephone that should be using the now route i get dial tone then when i start to dial a fast busy, HELP

not a problem.. a tgar/targ match blocks.. what i would do is look at the tgar of the users using the 20 trunks..(they are working today).. if it is a 4 then your new route would need a targ of 4 and the route they are using now would need a targ of 0 1 2 3 5 6 7 ... that means the present route would block every station that is not a 4.. then if the new stations (the ones your trying to break out) have a tgar of 1.. if could use the new route (4) but not the old.. then you don't need a new rlb, you can add an entry to the working rlb.. entry 0 points to the route your using now entry 1 point to the new route..

when i dial 9 plus from a station tgar 1, entry 0 is blocked due to it's targ, so i look at entry 1, it has a targ of 4.. not that bad, you could do it with ncos but your right, tgar/targ would be my choice.. tennant service would work but if your just needing route seperation, why bother..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

so i can get rid of the new rlb i built and add a entry one to the existing rlb(the 20 channel one), correct?

my existing customers with the 20 are tgar0 and there route is targ 1.

now i make the new route targ 0 and my new sets tgar 1 to
block from the other route?

Phones with TGAR 1 can't use the trunks with TARG 1

Phones with TGAR 2 can't use the trunks with TARG 2

thanks guys the entry 1 in the existing rli worked like a charm

But from what you said the one's with TGAR 0 will be able to use all trunks.

TGAR 0 means no blocking on any route.

You will need to change all TRAG 0 to 2

ok route 2 (20 channels) is targ 1
the sets that will use this route have a tgar of 0

route 6 has a targ of 0
and the sets that use that route have a tgar of 1

so i have to change route 2s sets because they can use both routes?

With what you said in the last post.

TGAR 0 can use all routes "0 does not stop any calls, only 1 and above do.

TGAR 1 can only use routes that don't have a TARG 1 on them.

A phone with a TGAR of 0 does

targ 0 blocks calls from tgar 0
targ 1 blocks calls from tgar 1
targ 2 blocks calls from tgar 2..

higher or lower does not matter, an exact match blocks, noting else.. you can use as many targs on a route as you want

so i can get rid of the new rlb i built and add a entry one to the existing rlb(the 20 channel one), correct?
yes
now i make the new route targ 0 and my new sets tgar 1 to
block from the other route?

yes..perfect

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back