Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RJ-48c termination

Status
Not open for further replies.

legion

MIS
Aug 19, 2001
US
I have a Cisco 2524 router with the T1 wan interface which uses a RJ-48c port. The drop from the CSu/DSU is cat 6 cable, with a RJ-45 connector at the CSU/DSU. How do I wire the CSU to the router. Do I use the pin out scheme of RJ-48c with a RJ-45 connector or does RJ48c require special terminations and cable. Ant help would be highly appreciated.

thanks Greg

You shouldn't require anything special, in my opinion a high quality patch cord should do the trick nicely.

The cable from the CSU/DSU is straight, not swapped. If it has an 8-pin connector (RJ-45 style) then you should be good to go with standard (Cat 5E) cable.

BTW, 5E is now the recommended installation cable per the EIA/TIA 568 group.

Presumably the provider tested the CSU/DSU and can loop it up from their end, showing that the circuit is good to that point. Status lights can help here, too. From there the 8-pin has a transmit and receive pair on pins 1-2 and 4-5.

Yours,
Mike

OK, I think I have it. Terminate both ends of the cable using rj-48c pin out and all will work good.

thanks Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back