Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RIS & riprep file - can you amend the file to format less of the HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdArm

IS-IT--Management
Apr 16, 2004
GB
Hello All,
I have a RIS server running on our network and we use for our desktop PCs - Compaqs that are virtually identical, apart from one batch has a 20GB hard disk and the other batch has a 40GB hard disk. Now we have a particular build that is currently based on a 40GB variation of the Compaqs. I had to create this build because I was getting alot of build failures due to the fact the HD size didn't match the one of the image. My question is; can I edit the ripref.sif file so that I nominate just 20Gb of the disk for the build? Then, if I'm building a 40GB Compaq, after the machine builds, I can partition the rest of the disk, and if I'm building a 20GB Compaq, I won't need to change anything.
Any ideas?

you should be able to use

[RemoteInstall]
Repartition = Yes
UseWholeDisk = Yes

and it shouldn't matter what size disk you are using. It will just format the entire drive as one partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back