Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RIS Image

Status
Not open for further replies.

gn182

Technical User
May 11, 2001
US
I’m trying to image Lenovo T61 laptops. I ran risetup to create my installation image – XPsp2, then added network and disk drivers. I can PXE boot the laptop and image the system from the install image without a problem. After I added all the drivers to the system to get a functional image, I ran riprep to image the system up to the server. When I PXE boot the laptop to install from the new image I get the “Disk not found” error.

Has anyone run into this problem and how do you correct it?

See if there is anything in these old notes?

When a Pre-boot Execution Environment (PXE) client boots, it must perform two actions: it must obtain an IP address from a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server, and it must locate a PXE boot server that will send it the appropriate files from which to boot.

244036 - Description of PXE Interaction Among PXE Client, DHCP, and RIS Server

Problems with certain NICs and a RIS-based Windows XP installation

Using Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Options 60, 66, 67 to Direct PXE Clients to RIS Servers May Fail

Windows XP Professional - Deploy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back