Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ripped off or what on replacement for modem/soundcard????

Status
Not open for further replies.

shishi

Vendor
Sep 15, 2001
CA
Can anyone tell me if I've been ripped by my technician, I was having gameport problems with my HP Pavillion 8565c so took my computer in, they took my Rockwell Riptide Audio/Communications modem and sound card out and put in a Crystal CS4281 (cirrus brand) in for me instead. Now I can not play more than one sound at a time, my midi piano does not work, I cannot speak through my microphone in messenger and hear at the same time. It can only do one type of thing at a time. Is the Crystal CS4281 a cheap brand, they charged themselves (it was under warranty) only $32.00 Canadian for it. They also replaced my harddrive at one time, they took out my quantum harddrive out, I cannot recall at this time what they replaced it with but it wasnt' a quantum.
Cleo at
puppies2luv@netzero.net
or
tochis_@hotmail.com

You now have (arguably) the cheapest piece of junk sound card ever made. Spend the difference (it's really only worth about $7 CDN) and get a sound blaster. The "Live! Value" would be an acceptable replacement. Cheers,
Jim
iamcan.gif

Sounds like they may owe you the difference . I have never heard of a warantee that would replace a defective part with anything except the same or better part . And certainly , if you purchased the items seperately from the pc , or otherwise compromised the validity of the warantee , they maybe liable for your losses .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back