Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ringtones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hankejp

MIS
Nov 15, 2001
US
Hey everyone,

I am going to be deploying somephone w/ more than 1 line appearance on them. I can I add my list of ringtones for the 2nd line? I have about 30 ringtone in my ringlist.xml, but when I try to choose for the 2nd line I only get the generic ones. I used to have how to do it somewhere, but lost it.

Thanks

You have to copy the .raw files to the TFTPPath service in the Publisher and then configure in notepad the Distinctive ringlist.xml folder.

ie: <Ring>
<DisplayName>Ring 4</DisplayName>
<FileName>Ring4.raw</FileName>
</Ring>
<Ring>
<DisplayName>Ring 5</DisplayName>
<FileName>Ring5.raw</FileName>
</Ring>

After thats done you need to restart the TFTP service in the Publisher.

That didn't work. What I did was, copied everything from the Ringlist.xml and copied it to the distinctiveRingList.xml. I then restarted the CiscoTFTP service and reset the phone. I still only get 7 generics ringtones. DO I have to setup something like a Ringlist2.xml or something?

Thanks

Did you just put the ring-tones in the Publisher?
I'm on Rel.3.3(3) and I all my phones run off the Subsriber
and I just made the Subscriber and publisher TFTPpath the same (Distinctive ring.xml and Ringlist2.xml.

Hope this helps

Yeah, the ringtone are in the publisher TFTPPath folder. On the phone, I can go to the ringtone list and set the Default with all these different rings. But if I have 2 or more line on the phone, I would like them to be able to have the same ring tones options as line #1. Right now, they only have 7 generic tones. Is there or do you create a ringlist2.xml?

Thanks

i had to make sure the permisions were the same as on the origial ringlist.xml file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back