Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rings to answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyHunter

IS-IT--Management
Mar 31, 2006
US
I recently built a phone tree and put it into service. However, it doesnt pick up till the 4th ring. HOw would I go about changing this to 0 or 1 rings? WE are using a Nortel Option 61c with our system, and I"m getting kinda time critical. THANKS in advance.

Build a phantom 500 port in the 61-C that is DCFW'd to the Call Pilot Voice Messaging Number.

not a pilot question, the switch settings control the number of rings before that call is sent to mail.. the 1st answer will work, another thing that will work, if this is a did.. add an idc table.. ld 49 new idc, then answer yes to idc on the route, and enter the table number at the nect two prompts,, idc looks for the digits, say 1000, and change it to your output digits, 2000.. then add a voice service dn and in ld 23 new acd maxp 1 ncfw to mail... mail will answer on the 1st ring if a port is idle...

if it's not did, auto yes, forget the idc, build the maxp1 acd, change the atdn on the trunks, make that the voice service dn.. if i left something out or you need the code, let us know.. it's a pretty standard setup... i use it when i want to leave the set with the same dn, and give external callers the menu.. then if the att does not answer, internal still gets the menu after 3 rings (rco prompt on the set)

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back