Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ringing stops on ATM calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

assist24

IS-IT--Management
Jan 15, 2006
GB
Just upgraded to 7.0.23 and found that when callers ring in, they hear a couple of bursts of ringing then the line goes silent.

On testing this I've found that although the line goes silent for the caller, it is continuing to ring on IPO (all the phones in the hunt group keep ringing), and the call can be answered. Although the caller just gets silence, if they hang on and the call is answered it's fine.

Obviously not many people are going to hang on if the line has gone silent. If they do however, and the call then goes to voicemail, they get a couple of bursts of ringing again as the call goes to embedded VM.

It's only the analogue line that is having this problem - the SIP lines are fine.

On a related note, something that has been happening for a while (prior to the upgrade) is that if a caller hangs up during ringing or after going to VM, the line does not clear down for quite a while. The phones keep ringing after the caller has abandoned, or goes to VM and then there is a message just containing the continuous tone. I've playe around with disconnect timers to no avail. I've just tried to enable Busy Tone Detection but it won't stick - after sending the config / immediate reboot and testing, found it had made no difference, but oddly, it also was no longer enabled when pulling back the config.

Clues anyone?

Just discovered that hunt group announcements were switched on for this group, but no announcements recorded. Thought that might be the issue. Switched off announcements and worked OK.

Added announcements, and switched them back on, and now get ringing up to 1st announcement, then 1st announcement, then silence (regardless of whether post-announcement-tone is set to ringing or music on hold). So, think the problem is related to hunt group post-announcement-tone somehow.

this issue also happens on some sip trunk
It sounds more and more as a bug!

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Indeed, have seen the same thing on SIP trunks myself :)

NTE-wave-logo-for-a4-header.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back