Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ringing Service question (CICS) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

550spydr

MIS
Jun 28, 2007
US
Hi,
A CICS v4.1 question
If I have night ringing service on automatic, can I overide it manually at the control set? How long will it stay on? Until the next day, or will it stay activated indefinately until I manually turn it back off?

If it is set to automatic you cannot change it too manual I have most customers do it manually that way they have better contol of the Auto Attendant. The customer can have a button programmed on the contol set usually receptionist phone to turn it off or on anytime of day.

if set to auto
it can be activated with the f871 and will stay that way until turn back to auto

also if you change it with the f871 you have the * option
for instance you will see "night "(or such)
and "night until *" the * indicates it will stay in the mode you set until the next auto setting

which is great if you leave the office early and are not in the next day

HALLOWED ARE THE ORI

mike

Thanks,

Yes, that is what I want to do. Have it on auto, but if the customer wants to turn it on at lunchtime or leave early , it will overide it. Not clear though: If you turn it on manually and leave the office early, will it automatically kick off the next morning, or do you have to F871 to return to auto?

550spydr

if you set the f871 to (night until *)it will stay in night ring until the next time setting

if you stop at "night ring" it will stay until you change it

HALLOWED ARE THE ORI

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back