Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ringing over paging port

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeinTx

Vendor
Jun 19, 2012
US
Can I program a Norstar so incoming calls ring over the paging port? Or do I need to connect the analog line out of the ATA to an interface such as a Valcom?

Voice paging work great and I have an ATA that rings on all incoming trunk calls.

Thanks.

You can't send it but you cant stop the paging if you have the capabilities.

We sort of did that for a night ring - wired up the night ring relay to the Page button of a telephone set in the equipment room. Then ringing tripped the relay, the phone did an "all page", and it's mic picked up the ringing sound, so we heard a paging splash tone followed by a ringing phone. It was a while ago but as I recall that same set was also configured to ring on outside lines (and did so while paging), or there may also have been a second "service" set in the equipment room which was set to ring, and was being picked up by the modified set. It did work, and was not necessarily limited to night service (though that was how we chose to use it); could use the aux ringer contacts for full time paging.

Come to think of it, connect the aux ringer relay contacts to the button of a Norstar Doorphone, and you'd have your choice of 4 chimes after the splash tone (though you'd only hear it once - our method kept ringing until someone picked up the lines (we used feature button programmed for call pickup then dialled the number of the modified set).

I've hooked up a CICS system to ring over the paging system by using the aux speaker port and a paging controller like the NTL800 on
The client in question wanted their warehouse staff to hear ringing after 5pm over the paging system so someone could still answer the phone if need be. I setup night mode on the CICS and setup a button on extension 21 so the receptionist could hit it to turn night mode on before she left for the day. Night mode had been setup in the CICS programming to use the AUX speaker port. I had to run a pair from the aux port on the CICS to the NTL800 (alarm input I think it was). Then I had to run another pair from the output of the NTL800 to the paging amp/system. I already had a pair running from the CICS paging port to the paging input on the NTL800 so both the night ringing AND paging worked at the same time.

You can put in an auxiliary ringer Like an algo Duet plus or a loud horn ringer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back