Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ringing options

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerz

IS-IT--Management
Aug 10, 2007
US
We are currently running a Nortell Norstar System. We use to have one of our sets set up so when ever someone called this managers number, our secretary's phone would ring at the same time, that way we wouldn't miss the call. We Recently moved to a new location and our phone system was reset back to defaults and I need to get this set back up. Has anyone heard of this or does anyone have any advice?

thanks,

It's called an Answer DN. You need an Answer DN on the secretary's telephone with the managers DN (ext#)on it. It will automatically take the first button above the last intercom. Whenever manager rings, secretary rings.

Thanks for the fast response. I'll see if I can find some information on how to set that up.

thanks again

Is there an easy way to set up an answer DN? or is there a good website that has guides?

thanks,

Which Nortel system are you using? (MICS, CICS, 616, 824, 3x8)

Also, which software revision? If you open the cabinet, the sw rev should be printed on a little black card at the top of the cabinet.

MICS 4.1 is what we are running

there r really only 2 options here 1-using answer dn keys or 2-hunt groups check those out and you'll find your answers...but off the top i dont even think that 4.1 has hunt groups i dont think they do.

and if you know how to program the norstar thru a set
then its fairly easy to fix.

I know the basics about programing through a hand set but when I try to look up answer dn in the book it doesn't really give me any information on it

It's under Terminal and sets, the recpt DN #, twice on the Show key then hit the Next key until you see Answer DN.

ok under Terminals&Sets (show) - show set:(secretaries Extension (found it with Feature *0 then press the hands free button)) (show) - Capabilities (show) - These are my options

Fwd no Answer
Fwd on Busy
DND on Busy
Handsfree:
HF answerback
Pickup Grp:
Page Zone:
Paging:
D-Dial:
Priority call:
Hotline:
Aux. ringer:
Allow redirect:
Redirect ring:
ATA settings:

Am I in the right place? because I'm not sure which one of those should be answer DN.

thanks for all you help so far though

It sounds like you're using the administrator password to log in. You need to use the installer password, then follow Dewey's directions.

oh ok, sorry I didn't even realize that the installer and admin would be different. I'll see if I can find the password to it

We'd love to help you out with the password here, but for good reason, this site frowns on posting passwords.

you should be able to:

login

terminals sets
show set
line access
you will find answer dn like the third option...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back