Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ringing on transfer for kx-t123211d

Status
Not open for further replies.

krichard11

Technical User
Sep 1, 2004
US
I just set up a kx-t123211d at our office with a kx-tvs50 voice processor. The only problem is that when the automated attendant transfers the caller to an extension, the caller just hears dead silence on the phone while it is ringing at the extension. This can lead to 30 seconds of silence or more before the call gets transferred to voice mail(if the person isn't at their desk). This prolonged silence is causing callers to hang up thinking the line has gone dead.

Is there a setting on either the pbx or voice mail system that will let the caller hear a ring while the call is transferred and ringing at the phone? I have tried setting the transfer dialing sequence to FTXD to do a blind transfer, but that doesn't work. (I verified this by doing a manual blind transfer without going throught the voice processor, and I didn't hear any ringing in the phone)

If it is not possible to get my pbx to make the ringing sound during the transfer, will buying the kx-ta1232 or the kx-ta624 fix the problem, or will they have the same problem during transfers?

Thanks for any advice.

no but you could put music on hold so they don't think
they have been droped or you could put a digital
voice announcer on there with an endless.... pls
hold the line while you are being transfered

Thanks cwc3 for the info. Do the kx-ta1232 and the kx-ta624 give the same dead silence on the line while the call is transferred?

there is an option for ringback if you do not have bgm/moh
on td not sure about the 624 you'll have to ck the dox.
if you are going to buy a newer model buy the KX-TAW 48!!

Put in Music on Hold of some kind. It is very easy to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back