Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ringing Multiple Phones for One Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilzucchini

Programmer
Sep 17, 2008
I work for a small company and when I started, the guy who ran the phone system had left. I had to set up my own Mail Box and, because I was successful, they decided that I would be in charge of the phone system.

I am using the CallPilot 100/150. Now, when I got here, a couple of extensions ring on the phone in our lab as well as in the person's office. The name associated with the person's phone will show up on the lab phone so we know who it is for.

One of the new guys said that he wanted his calls to ring on the lab phone as well and despite my best efforts to pawn the task onto him, I ended up being in charge.

But I have searched everywhere that I know of to find how to do this and have failed miserably.

So how do I get an dialed extension to ring on multiple phones?

Thank you,

Charlie

What kind of phone system? You might want to post this question in the forum for that, ie Nortel Norstar system. From what you are saying the changes would be likely done there.

It's in the telephone programming, not the Call Pilot. The feature is called an Answer DN. You want an Answer DN button on the Lab telephone representing the co-workers telephone.

Adversity is Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back