Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ringing Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDBrooks

Programmer
Apr 30, 2020
US
]I have a customer who had an old Norstar with 2 lines. They now have 9608 Avaya phones utilizing CM. They want the two pots lines to ring on the 9608 phones. They do have a 8 port card for the analog lines. I am not sure how to make the lines ring on the phones like they now do on the Norstar?

Build an analog station type (500) in CM on the appropriate port and then add an abrdg-appr key of the analog line appearance to the digital 9608 station.

Telephone Analyst
CS1K/Avaya Aura CM

No they need to be built as a 2500 set, 500 would be Nortel.

ACSS IP Office AIPS IP Office

joe2938 - interesting.. always built my analog stations as 500. Didn't realize 2500 would work.

Telephone Analyst
CS1K/Avaya Aura/Cisco

a trunk for the POTs lines is typically created and there's in incoming destination field on the trunk form. Like the guys stated, build an analog '2500' station and abrdg them onto the specific user phones.

500 is for analog with outbound rotary outpulse of digits
2500 is for analog with outbound touch-tone outpulse of digits

both set types 500 and 2500 can be used with abrdg-appr on multi-button voice terminal bridged appearances

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

45 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 35 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back