Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ringing Hunt Group before Auto Attendant 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilinkcomm

Vendor
Oct 19, 2005
US
I've been searching for a solution and have come across several tips on what to do but it seems like I need a combination of tips and they don't appear to work together.

Here's what I'm trying to accomplish:

DAY TIME
Ring at Hunt Group "A" (5-6 rings) giving users a chance to answer the call first. The boss would like the calls to be answered during the day and have the AA as a backup.
If unanswered, it would go to AA
If no selection is made or the caller dials "0", call is transferred to Hunt Group
If unanswered, it would go to VM at ext212.

NIGHT TIME
Ring at Hunt Group "B" (2-3 rings)
If unanswered, it would go to AA
If no selection is made or the caller dials "0", call is transferred to Hunt Group
If unanswered, it would go to VM at ext212.

Currently I have the calls ringing where I want and also going to x212 if calls are unanswered but the AA is answering right away. I found suggestions about adding an additional hunt group and using the Overflow but then I lose the ability to transfer to x212 VM. I've also tried different setting but then I also get disconnected automatically if I don't select "0" when listening to the AA menu prompt.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I've been playing around with this the majority of the day today on my test system and can't get it right.

Thanks

Embedded or vmpro

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Westi...sorry about that. After reading all of the posts lately I kept thinking to myself why people don’t include the system info. I guess I’m just as guilty of it. The system is 9.1.7 (I think) and the VM is Embedded.

No worries, happens to the best of us.

Here is how it goes
Day time
HG rings the phone
Overflow HG sequential has 1 member only that is forwarded to a SC that points to the Day auto attendant

0 out goes to a HG and the overflow goes to a HG with a single member forwarded to a SC that goes to VM Collect for 212

Night
Same as day but different HG's because the timing is different and it goes to night auto attendant

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"

Westi...

I think I finally figured it out. I have been working on my test system and started the hunt groups over from scratch. I tested as I went along step by step so I could find a point of failure instead of programming everything and then trying to troubleshoot it afterwards. I'll be going to my customer's office in the next few days to implement it and hopefully everything works fine.

Thanks for the help

No problem

hope it all works out.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back