Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ringing continues for seconds before the person answering the phone is connected through

Status
Not open for further replies.

NortelNut

Technical User
Oct 31, 2006
US
I have a sticky problem. We have a control center with a group of individuals who rotate through the job. In the past they would all use the same desk, phone and workstation. In a recent remodel they were all given their own desk, phone and workstation. The phones were all the same, 2616's, with the same numbers ringing on SCR keys, but the prime number was their individual extension. Now, when the Dispatch control center number is called ALL the phones ring, however, when the operator answers the ringing continues for some period, (up to 6 seconds or so) before the caller and the operator can hear each other. This is not making anyone happy, to say the least! I changed all the phones to have the common number as an MCR key and this worked wonderfully, as long as there was more than one operator working. At night there is only one operator and we found out that there was a problem. If the operator was on a call on the main extension, and another call came in on that extension, all the other phones with the extension MCR would ring. Even if the operator hung up his current call he would not be able to pick up the ringing call unless he went to one of the ringing phones. The number of calls they receive sometime gets quite large, especially during an emergency, and this issue was a deal breaker. I reprogrammed the phones with SCR keys and now we are back to the extended ringing issue.
We are on a CS-1000E and do not have Symposium or whatever the call-center software is now.
Any direction would be appreciated!
Mitch

You could still make them an ACDN so they would get queued calls to their sets.

Mato' Was'aka

So when the operator picks up the receiver and then presses the scr key all of the other phones including the one the operator is answering continues to ring for 6 seconds?

Thanks BigIndian65!
I have never done that before. I have set-up ACDN's for special numbers to be routed to announcements or voicemail boxes but I have never created an ACDN as a ringing key on a 2616. Here is a representative TNB for one of our phones in the Dispatch center;
DES F1D
TN 008 1 10 07 VIRTUAL
TYPE 2616
CDEN 8D
CTYP XDLC
CUST 0
AOM 0
ERL 0
FDN 300
TGAR 0
LDN NO
NCOS 4
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
LNRS 16
XLST
CLS UNR FBD WTA LPR MTD FNA HTA TDD HFA
MWA LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRA NID OLA VCE DRG1
POA DSX VMD SLKD CCSD SWD LNA CNDA
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDA CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUA DPUA DNDA CFXD ARHD FITD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD AHD
DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USMD USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN
CDMR PRED MCDD T87D PKCH
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
HUNT 200
LHK 2
LPK 11
PLEV 02
PUID
DANI NO
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0
KEY 00 SCR 475 0 MARP
CPND
NAME **** *****
XPLN 13
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
01 SCR 200 0
CPND
NAME Dispatch
XPLN 13
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
02 SCR 513 0
CPND
NAME Dispatch Secondary
XPLN 18
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
03 SCN 316 0
CPND
NAME ******** ********
XPLN 16
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
04 HOT D 3 760 400 0
05 HOT D 3 761 401 0
06 HOT D 3 762 402 0
08 HOT D 3 764 404 0
09 HOT D 3 763 403 0
10 HOT D 3 765 408 0
11 HOT D 3 766 409 0
12 SCC 0033
13 TRN
14 AO6
DATE 30 JUL 2012

The person at extension wants unanswered calls to his extension (475) to forward to voicemail (300). Ext 200 is the main Dispatch Control Center extension and calls will roll to extension 513 if it is busy. I had considered changing all the SCR 200 keys and the SCR 513 keys to be MCR 200 keys. That would give the operator two kinging instances of calls to extension 200 on his phone, but tell me if using ACDN 200 would be better, and how it should work.
NortelNut

That is correct, RickyPone. The ringing continues for up to 6 seconds.

I did change the SCR 200 and 513 keys to all be MCR 200 and ran into the limit of 30 dn's. Now I have 15 2616's with MCR 200 as key 1 and key 2. There is still a delay when the operator picks up their phone before they can speak with the caller. They have noticed that the delay is shorter, but it is still there (maybe 1/2 a ring cycle).
I have to believe that there is a cleaner solution than this.
Any help would be appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back