Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ringing a huntgroup on incoming calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsAlx

IS-IT--Management
Nov 7, 2011
I'm am trying to get incoming trunk calls to ring a huntgroup the receptionist belongs to instead of ringing the receptionist directly (They want another phone to ring as well). I've got the two extensions in the group, and I've done the #90 group sign in on both phones, but calls sent to the huntgroup go straight to voicemail. This happens both when I set trunk calls to go to the huntgroup and when I call the group extension internally. The only thing I can see anywhere in Administrator (version 5.0A) is that in the extension configuration menu, both extensions still show their status as logout. Any idea how I can get this to work?

If you do #54 from each phone, the system will ask you to enter the HG or WG that you want them to login to.

Thanks for that information. My boss rebooted the server late last night, and we had the phones set to login on reboot, so when I went and did the #54 I got the message that they were already logged into that group. They show as logged in in Altiserv Admin.

Now when I call the group extension, nothing happens at all. No ring, no voicemail, no auto attendant. Just 5 seconds or so of silence and then the line goes dead. Any thoughts on that? Answering on the group is set to 'Ring all available members'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back