Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ringback, not busy !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIS

Technical User
Jun 1, 2001
NL
Hello,
Funny problem this one. I have a vdn, points to a vector, routes to another VDN, points to another vector. In the vector I have this:

01 wait-time 0 sec hearing silence
02 busy
03 stop

When I call the original vdn internally, I get a busy. If I call the DDI number associated with this VDN, I get ringback, although CMS reports it as busy/disconnect. Any ideas?

Do you have a step with 'route to vdn xxx with coverage y'? This could also be set to 'n' but it should say 'y'.

Try a 'list trace extension xxxx', where xxxx is the vdn number. Here you can see what route the call is following.

Hope this helps!

Michel.

I doubt that coverage yes is the problem, the call is not going to cover.. I tried with both and it was no different.
With a list trace, everything looks perfect, the call goes where it is supposed. I tend to believe it has to do with signalling between France Telecom and the Definity. If I for example change the busy step to a disconnect after announcement none, it disconnects internally, but now I get a busy externally.
Weird...

Try deleting the first step of the vector so it reads:

01 busy
02 stop

If the network doesn't get busy immediately it can think you
have answered then hung up.

R

I'm sorry.....Its great you got it to work..BUT...WHY would you want something like this in the first place???? Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

It's a timing issue. The far end CO is not recognizing the PBX has answer and is trying to do something (in this case play a busy signal). Try increasing the wait step to 2-3 seconds before the busy step. -CL

Phoneman2, Its a callcenter environment. There are certain thresholds that trigger a busy signal (x amount of calls queued f.ex). If you want the caller to hear busy, and run into the issues above, you tend you get a bit baffled...The example above is only part of a vector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back