Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ring voltage issue with the Magix 016 Tip/Ring Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

dellphone

Technical User
Oct 29, 2017
US
Hi All,

Another possible issue.. I have some old vintage single line phones like some old 2500 type and other old single line phones on the 016 Tip/Ring Module. The issue some do not ring at all and some will only ring once for a split second. Could this be from low
ring voltage or the nature of Magix. if so can I change a setting? When my old phones was hooked up on the legend system no issue at all.

Thank you

you can actually change the "receiving ring-voltage" on the network of your 2500 set. They are all factory wired default. We had issues back in the 70's in Carson, CA. because it was so far from the Central Office that the phones would ring until we modified the networks.

I think you'll get decent ringing results if you set up an SLT port as a fax extension. I think that there is another way to accomplish this, but the fax extension trick sticks out in my mind.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

Thanks for all your help I will see if the fax option will work, if not how would you change the "receiving ring-voltage" on the network.

Thanks

There is a ring generator located on the 016 T/R module itself, and, that triggers the ringers inside SLT devices. If there was a problem on the Line side then there would be other problems, such as the auto attendant not answering properly. You could use an SLT to test each line to make sure it produces enough of a 20HZ @ 90Vac signal, or, use a VOM to verify what the service provider is sending.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

Bell System BSP's, provide S/L network options. It works, the leads on the Basic Telephone , are spade-tipped,some are terminated,some are stored,the one terminated on the network needs to be removed and a stored one needs to be terminated - The phone now rings!

The FAX option sends a LONG RING to the Extension, just like the Central Office would (more or less) rather than a "Custom" ring (Short Ring + Long Ring for an Outside Call, and the others that it does).

Also, under OPTIONS, you can change the RING FREQUENCY to either 20Hz or 25Hz.

So there's a couple of things you can play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back