Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ring Tones (KXTD-1232) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoundAbout

Technical User
Feb 20, 2002
US
Howdy!

I am trying to setup different ring tones on my phone and it doesn't appear to be working properly. I tried the cheatsheet from PanasonicHelp.com and it was wrong, looking in the User Manual I found the supposedly correct way to do it. Still, it's not working. :(

My questions:

1) We have the VoiceMail system (TVS200) picking up all calls with the Automated Attendant. Could THIS be causing it not to work properly?

2) Will both the Digital jack AND the Analog jack on the port be affected?

3) Can ring tones be set on Analog jacks?

4) Can you have a different Ring Tone for Intercomm Calls as for Outside Lines (CO calls)?

Thanks for your help!

RoundAbout

Answers:

1) The TVS is causing the problem.

2) Dunno.

3) Dunno.

4) Yes, same formula only substitute the Intercom Button for the CO line. (Program, 99, Intercom, Intercom, 1-8(tone choice), store).

If anyone can fill in the blanks it would be greatly appreciated!

RA

My questions:

"1) We have the VoiceMail system (TVS200) picking up all calls with the Automated Attendant. Could THIS be causing it not to work properly?"

I'm sure when following the manual, it told you to press program 99, press the CO button twice, then select the ring tone, then store. This will change the CO ring tone only and not the intercom tone. A CO tone is one long ring burst followed by a long bit of silence. An intercom ring tone is two shorter bursts followed by a long bit of silence. I am guessing that you have intercom ringing. When the voicemail transfers a call to an extension, it stays on the line to see if you are there. The voicemail says "you have a call" or some such, when you pick up the call. The voicemail is on an extension, so if it calls you and says "you have a call" it's using the intercom, thus the intercom ring. Once it senses that you have picked up the phone, it says those words and hangs up, thus completing the transfer. This is called a "supervised" transfer.

The VM can be programmed for "Blind" or "Unsupervised" transfers. This will cause the phones to use CO ringing. I have written a FAQ on how to change the system to do blind transfers. Take a look.

"2) Will both the Digital jack AND the Analog jack on the port be affected?
3) Can ring tones be set on Analog jacks?"

You cannot change the ring tone on an analog jack. It consists of just a burst of voltage.

Very cool mrpeabody, I will definitely check out your FAQs.

Thanks for the help!

RA

You need to press program -99-the CO Button{two time} then press 2-8 for the tone you want then auto store button to store .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back