Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ring tones again

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomboy10

Technical User
Feb 1, 2009
GI
Someone mentioned that there was an add on or analogue ringer or something I can add to a 5410 to enable different ringtones for a each phone. can anyone enlighten me. sorry for bringing this up again, but customer is caught in a time warp....

That original poster wanted different ring tones to denote different hunt group calls. The recommendation was to include an analog port in the hunt group with a unique ringer connected.

You CAN have different ring tones on 5410 (and other) phones. They are not dramatically different, but different enough. Appropriate in open areas when you just want to know if it's your phone or your neighbor's ringing. If you want radically different on phone-by-phone you COULD twin with an analog port and plug a unique ringer into the analog.

Mike

Cheers , I suppose its better than nothing, thank heavens i ordered to analogue pots.

tom

what is it they want different ringing for?

Never argue with an idiot. bystanders won't be able to tell the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back