Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ring sip device when huntgroup phoned

Status
Not open for further replies.

BILBOTEK

IS-IT--Management
Aug 27, 2020
GB
We have 8 main lines that form our main number hunt group 800. These lines are setup on the main reception phone 5224 ip phone.

I want a sip soft phone extension to ring at the same time when the main 800 rings as I cannot get the softphone to work with pickup groups due to blf/dss presence status not being supported for sip in mitel as I understand so I can't get the softphone to pick up someone ringing the main 800 number.

I cant add a multi call key to the softphone for 800 due to it being a hunt group.

What else could I try. Would deleting the 800 hunt group and turning it into a ring group (ring all) and adding the softphone extension work or would that break night service, 800 voicemail etc?

Any suggestions? Many thanks!

Basics!

Added #8ext as a contact which can be clicked to pickup 800. (I am learning, had the thing for years adding removing users but it just keeps doing its thing so never really had to do too much with it until now)

There are other more sophisticated methods that can get them ringing at the same time without needing to dial a code.

if you're interested, I can share.

Yes please, the most simple sophisticated method please [wink]

I will need to know:
[ul]
[li]The Quantity of phones that need to ring[/li]
[li]How you want them to ring, Prime line or Key Line[/li]
[li]Whether you want them to have flexibility to opt out of ringing for periods of time[/li]
[li]Whether you wnat to tier the ringing from primary groups to secondary groups[/li]
[li]Whether you want phones externally to ring such as cell phones[/li]
[li]Whether all phones are on the same system or multiple clustered systems[/li]
[li]Whether your system is licensed for Enterprise or not regardless[/li]
[li]Whether you have any Hotdesk licenses[/li]
[/ul]

There may be more that I may have missed and I can't promise to get it right on the first try as I've been out of the game for 18 months at this point but I'm sure what you need can be done with a few false starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back