Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ring no answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

robtheguru

IS-IT--Management
Feb 18, 2002
US
We have a Meridian option 11. Users have reported that when someone calls there direct dial number, they get a busy signal. Normally, it will roll to 2nd number then to voicemail. We use Octel voicemail. Does anyone know what is causing this?

They are programmed to go to voicemail extension.

Thank you for your responses. I have tested this and cannot duplicate the reported error. I had user tie up both lines and I called them with mobile phone. It went directly to their voicemail. I also had them tie up one line while I tried to call.
Could it be that it happens randomly or from certain phones?
Do you have any suggestions on testing this?

Thanks again

Rob
you have done what i would do, always check things out yourself if only to prove that you can duplicate the problem it could be many things , network congestion, miss dialling, several calls hitting that number at the same time, too many for voice mail to cope with,,i would keep an eye on it, and get the people concerned to let you know when/if it happens again...then try it yourself,,, if you cant get it to fail...just ignore it it will probobly go away on it's own..if not post back..

Colin Colin

Sometimes users forward their phones to never never land; that's when wierd _hit happens. Good, Fast, Cheap . . . Pick Two
Alpine Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back