Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ring No Answer Off Premise Forwarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

4wguy

Technical User
May 20, 2005
US
Does the Partner ACS have the capability to forward a call off premise after a predetermined amount of rings? The Definity's do but cannot find anything in the ACS Manual.

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think (as long as you don't need voicemail) you could enable remote forwarding for an unused extension and forward that ext to an outside number in it's own speed dial. Set line coverage to that extension with delayed ring.

Maybe some of the pros have a better solution?

If you have a T1 module in the system, isn't there a way to have calls simultaneously ring an extension and, say, a cell phone [ponder]

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

Dexman

Yes if you have a T-1 module then you can have a simultanous ringing on your cellphone and your extension. The T-1 is required for answer supervision to work. My problem is that I only have loop start lines which do not provide any type of answer supervision.

Steve

Update: The method I mentioned above does not work like I thought it would. The only way I know of is to program a button to turn on/off *immediate* forwarding. Here are the steps for that:

1. #208 - Line Coverage Ext. - Set appropriate lines to the ext. you want to control forwarding
2. #322 - Remote Forwarding - Ext. # - 1 Assigned
3. Program a speed dial (80, 81, etc.) on that ext. to the outside number.
4. Program a button for F11 to forward that ext. to the speed dial number you chose. (example: F11 10 80)

Then when you press the button, the feature turns on and all calls are forwarded. It will take up 2 lines for each call forwarded (1 for the incoming call, 1 for outgoing forward). This method DOES work for us.

you could try to put a ring delay on the phone that you forward and see if then another phone can ring on that line immediately

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

No, there is NO delayed remote call forwarding on a Partner system.

You need to go to IP Office to get this.

I believe the feature is available on the LEGEND/MAGIX systems.

....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back