Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ring multiple phones 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonejava

IS-IT--Management
Mar 9, 2004
US
I need to get an Auto Atendent selector code to ring to more than one phone and have a voice mail pickup if no answer. Is this even possible, can I use a hunt group or a call group? And if so how do I assign a hunt or call group to a selector code?

First, add the extensions you want to ring to calling group (recommend you use calling group 2, since 1 is often programmed for group paging) as follows:
- At ext. 10 or 11, press feature zero zero
- press left intercom twice
- press pound (#) 502
- enter 2, enter extension to add, enter 1 to assign
- press pound (#) 502
- enter 2, enter next extension to add, enter 1 to assign
- continue until all extensions are added to calling group
- press feature 00 to save and exit.

Next, program a selector code to transfer to extension 72. All extensions should ring when that selector code is pressed. (If you have trouble with this, instruct the caller to enter extension 72 rather than use selector code.)

However you can't have a mailbox cover a group if no one answers. BUT, if you also have a spare extension and a spare line port, you can loop them together, remove all lines from the extension port, add it to the caling group, and make the line be "owned" by a mailbox. Then calls to the group ring at all phones including the spare extension, and if not answered, loop around to the "line" that is owned by someone's mailbox, and get voice mail.

And, by using outcalling, if your system has it, you can set the mailbox to page a tech at night. TouchToneTommy rocks!!!

I tried the call group idea; and to no ones surprise, touchtonetommy is right. When someone calls an Auto Att. and choses a selector code that is attached to a call group all the phones ring. But if no one answers at any ext. the call times out to the system operator and not the operator of that paticular Auto Att.
I am trying to set up a doctors line in a pharmacy and I need multiple phones to ring(wich is what happened) but I need the 0/timeout to be a voicemail so they can leave there prescription info.When I set up a call group they all rang, but it timed out to the system operator wich is another building. I really need to figure something out, this is my first job as an admin and I really don't want to get fired.

Touchtonetommy is phone system God.

OK, in my experience, the doctor's line into a pharmacy is usually a non-published number that rings directly to the pharmacy. Therefore, it doesn't really need to be handled by an auto attendant, but just be a line put on all the pharmacy phones. Then have the line be "call covered" by one of the pharmacy phones, in #208, and set the call cover rings up high enough that they have a chance to answer it first, in #320.

BTW, have you set the "transfer return extension" for your voice mail ports to Ext. 10? (#306) If you have, calls transferred from the Auto Attendant to Calling Groups will ring in the group FOREVER, until answered or abandoned. If you don't have your transfer return extensions set to 10, but instead still set to themselves, the calls will transfer to the group, ring 4 times (or whatever #105 is set to). Then the call comes back to the voice mail port that transferred it, without any "mode codes" to indicate to VM how to handle the call. So VM will announce "transferring to operator" and send the call to the system operator.

I used the line coverage idea and it worked great. Our system doesn't have the call cover ring options but it works the way it is set up and the doctors are glad they don't have to use an auto att. Thanks touchtonetommy, you saved the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back