Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ring Group ~ Send to Original Voicemail ~ Nupoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

squirre777

IS-IT--Management
Dec 16, 2004
US
I'm trying to setup a user on a ring group with two different offices. I can set the ring group up fine and add both the extensions (1216 and 1223). The problem is it overflows into generic voicemail (2500). I need it to dump directly into 1216 mailbox.

Suggestions?

Thx!

When the ring group overflows to VM, it will be presented to NP with the digits of the ring group (or whatever the caller dialed, to be more precise). Add that DN as an associated extension number to mailbox 1216.

PERFECT! Thx a million! One more question. Is there anyway to label the Ring Group? That way when someone calls 1216, it forwards to 2126 (ring group), then it can display the original users name on the callers handset? Example, I call x1216 it shows "x1216 John Smith". I want to forward to the ring group, which it does, it can show x2126 John Smith?

Thx for all your help!

Just like any other DN, you should be able to create an entry in the Telephone Directory for a ring group. However, I think the ring group DN is what displays on the sets it's ringing at, instead of the name.

Sorry to disagree Lundah but the Mitel 3300 Ring groups do not send any integration digits that I know of.

You need to overflow to a different station first, route that station to VM, and then associate that with MB 1216

Naming the ring group in the Tel Dir will display the Ring Group's Name

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Well Lundah's advise did the trick. Just set the ring group to overflow to generic VM and set the associated extension in Nupoint and that did the trick. Dumps into 1216 VM box. Now he wants both extensions to blink and direct access the VM on 1216. Is there an easy way to "point" the message button on 1223 to signal and direct to 1216 VM?

Thx for all the help!

What software level are you running?

Mitel may have changed the integration or I suppose it might be that it is nupoint and not embedded that made the difference. Ring Groups are notoriously bad for VM integrations. I gave up on them ages ago.

Program a Message Waiting Indicator key associated with DN 1216 on Ext 1223

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back